Friday, July 8, 2011

Dear ....

Sometimes you meet people who turn out to be exactly who you thought they would be.  This can be either a good thing or a bad thing.  I've been taught that when you're angry, you should write down everything you want to say and tuck the letter away somewhere, that way the words come out but you don't hurt anyone's feelings.  This is my letter, a Dear John of sorts:

You were my best friend, you gained my complete trust, and I could never thank you enough for all that you've taught me.  You kept me hanging around battered and bruised, messing with my head and toying with my heart.  After a while you abandoned me, kicked me when I was down, and watched my world shatter to pieces.  You let me believe things were okay, and once there was a glimmer of hope you ripped it away.  You stood by unfazed while I suffered through every single day.  You never thought twice about what you put me through, and did everything you could to ensure I would never get over you.  I am better than everything you've put me through and I will keep my head up and continue with my life.  I am able to wish you the best, I don't speak ill about you to others, and I am beginning to forget our story.  I am confident that one day you will see the pain you caused, but when that day comes, I will be long gone.
"I want you to know that I will forget you after this moment, and never think of you again. But you, I am quite certain, will think about me every single day for the rest of your life." - Ever After.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment