Thursday, July 7, 2011

Independence Day

I'm a few days late but I wanted to blog about the fourth of July.  Independence Day is my favorite holiday, I never miss a chance to see fireworks!  I spent the fourth this year with my family and Damian.  It was so much fun being able to watch my baby nieces faces when the fireworks were lit off.  America is such a blessed country, we have so much more than anywhere else.  However, freedom is not free.  I want to take the time to thank all of my friends and loved ones I know who sacrifice every day of their lives in order to make our country free.  I want to thank the people I haven't had the opportunity to meet yet that are out fighting or preparing to fight.  I am proud to live in America, and I am proud to know such brave people.

One of the very last dances I performed before quitting was a lyrical dance.  The song was about 9/11, and honestly was the hardest song I have ever had to perform to.  I cried every time we would practice, cried during the performance, and still to this day cry when I listen to it.  It reminds me of how blessed I am to be alive and to know my family is safe.  I hope it can have the same effect on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment